Each practice day, theKansas City Chiefswill release an official injury report leading up to the next game. The Chiefs take on the Oakland Raiders at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum on Sunday at 3:05 p.m. Arrowhead Time.
Here is the Chiefs’ second official injury report of the week:
Some notes (plus video)
- The injury report Thursday was the same as it was on Wednesday.
- Patrick Mahomes, who sprained his left ankle in the Chiefs’ Week 1 game against the Jacksonville Jaguars, was a full participant for the second day in a row. He already looked to be moving better than he did on Wednesday.
Patrick Mahomes told us ankle is getting better every day, and it seemed that way on Thu during 20-minute look at practice provided to the media. I expect that once he gets warm, should be near the QB we’re used to. Still concerning is out of structure & if he takes another hit.
— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween)September 12, 2019
- Raiders head coach Jon Gruden told reporters Wednesdaythat rookie safety Johnathan Abram is out for the season. Grudencalled it a “big blow” to the team. No word yet on who starts alongsideKarl Josephfor Oakland on Sunday.
- Raiders cornerbackGareon Conley,who left the field on a cart during Monday Night Football, practiced for the Raiders in limited fashion for the second day in a row. Raiders defensive tackleCorey Liugetwas also limited.
- Wide receiver JJ Nelson and offensive linemanGabe Jacksondid not practice for Oakland. Like Abram,Jacksonisout Sunday for the Raiders.