Total worldwide shipments and digital sales for theMonster Hunter World: Iceborneexpansion have surpassed 2.5 million, Capcomannounced. The number includesMonster Hunter World: Iceborne(digital sales) andMonster Hunter World: IceborneMaster Edition (physical shipments and digital sales).
Monster Hunter World: Icebornelaunched for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One worldwide on September 6. The Xbox One version is only available in North America and Europe.
Cumulative sales for theMonster Hunterseries have surpassed 58 million units as of September 13.
Here is an overview ofMonster Hunter World: Iceborne, via Capcom:
Monster Hunter World: Iceborneis a massive premium expansion forMonster Hunter: World. The game features a full narrative experience that continues from the ending ofMonster Hunter: World, bringing players to a vast new area known as the Hoarfrost Reach. A host of additional elements have also been included, such as both new and fan-favorite monsters, a new “Master Rank” difficulty level and a new player mechanic known as the Clutch Claw. Further,Monster Hunter World: Icebornewas honored with the Best Ongoing Game award at Gamescom 2019 in Germany last month, a prize awarded to the best expansion or downloadable content of the show. As a result of garnering this attention from around the globe, and in addition to successfully carrying out a variety of strategic measures that included offeringMonster Hunter World: IceborneMaster Edition, a set aimed at newcomers to the game which bundlesMonster Hunter: Worldwith the expansion,Monster Hunter World: Iceborneachieved sales of 2.5 million units soon after launch.
Use the coupon code “GEMATSU” for 5% off.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full articlebefore commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tagswhen posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example:
Woe is Leomon.State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.